How can I request library pickup or home delivery of book(s)?
All CSUEB students, staff, faculty, and alumni with campus NetIDs are able to reserve books (up to 5 at a time) for library pickup or home delivery.
Please note: Books in our Reserves (textbooks and other course materials), Reference, Popular Reading, and DIY Success collections are not available for library pickup or home delivery. Community Borrowers are not eligible for the library pickup or home delivery services.
How can I request books?
To request a book, CSUEB students, staff, faculty, and alumni should:
- Search for the item you wish to request in the library catalog
- Click on the title of the item you wish to request (in order to see the detail page with request options)
- If you're not already logged into your library account, either click the "Sign in for more options" button to login or use the Library account link found on the library's homepage to access your library account
- Once logged in, click the "Request" link available on the right side of the item's page in the catalog
- Choose your Pickup Location (options include Hayward Campus, Concord Campus, Home Address). If choosing Home Address, please include your mailing address in the "Enter Shipping Address" field.
How can I pick up my requested books?
- If you chose to Pick Up on the Hayward Campus:
- You will receive an email when your item is ready to pick up. Your item(s) will be available on the Hold Shelf near the courtyard entrance of the Hayward Campus Library (map) for ten business days. Once you've located your requested item(s) on the Hold Shelf, please use the self-checkout machine to check your item(s) out.
- Items requested Monday-Thursday by 3pm will usually be available to pick up that day. On Fridays, requests placed by 11am will be ready by 1pm, all Friday requests after 11am will be ready on Monday.
- If you chose to Pick Up on the Concord Campus:
- You will receive an email letting you know when your item(s) are available to pick up. Your items will be held for ten calendar days after they are ready to pick up. You can pick up your items at the Academic Services Center in the Academic Services Building during their open hours.
- If you chose Home Address:
- Expect to receive the requested item within 1-2 weeks from UPS.
How long can I keep the books I borrow?
- Books from our "Book Stacks" location can be borrowed for the entire semester (for students) or one year (for staff/faculty).
- CSU+ items can be checked out for sixteen weeks.
How can I return the books I borrow?
To return books, you can drop them off on the Hayward or Concord campus (more information on campus book drops); return them to the CSU campus library that is closest to your home (that library will send them to back to CSUEB and the item(s) will be checked in once they are received at CSUEB), or mail them back to the Hayward Campus library (please see our mailing instructions).
Unfortunately, CSUEB is not able to cover return mailing costs, if you choose to use that method. The United States Postal Service does have a discounted rate for "Media Mail" which includes mailing books (more information on Media Mail from the USPS).