I need a chapter from a book that is available from the CSUEB Library as a print/physical book. Can someone scan that chapter for me?
The CSUEB Libraries will scan up to one chapter from available books from our print collection.
To request a chapter scan, please follow the instructions below.
- Login to ILLiad (CSUEB Library's Interlibrary Loan portal) using your campus NetID and password
- Note: You can also get to the link for ILLiad by clicking the "Request an Interlibrary Loan" option on the Library's homepage under "Find Library Materials"
- On the left side of the page, choose the "New Request > Book Chapter" option
- On the Book Chapter Request form, make sure you include the following information (the fields noted with red stars on the form):
- Book title
- Book author / editor
- Page numbers / range for the chapter you want (Inclusive pages)
- Chapter title / Chapter number
- Not wanted after date
- Click the "Submit Request" button at the bottom of the form
You'll receive an email notification when the PDF scan of the chapter you requested is available. Use the link provided in the email to log into your ILLiad account. Once logged in, select "Articles Received" on the left side of the page and click on the PDF icon to open the book chapter.
Turnaround time for chapter scan requests are generally 3-5 business days.
If you have any questions about the process or need help finding the information required to make a book chapter scan request, librarians are available to help you 24/7 via our chat service: https://library.csueastbay.edu/chat