How can I reserve a study room in the CORE Library building?
Please note: As of January 9, 2023 check-in is required for all study room reservations.
There are 30 small study rooms (capacity 5-7) and 4 medium study rooms (capacity 10-12) available in the CORE building. Any Cal State East Bay student, staff, or faculty member can reserve a study room. Study rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours a day and up to 2 weeks in advance.
To request a study room reservation, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Study Room online reservation system
- Select the date and time you would like to use a study room
- Sign in with your NetID and password
- Review your reservation details and click the "Submit my Booking" button
- You will receive a confirmation email with the date and time of your reservation. If you don't receive it, please check your spam folder
- Check-in via the link within the confirmation email between 15 minutes prior and 15 minutes after your reservation start time
- Example: If your reservation is from 3 PM - 5PM, you must manually check-in between 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- If you do not check-in by 3:15 PM, the entire 3 PM - 5 PM reservation will be cancelled and available for anyone to book it. Re-bookings are allowed providing another user does not book it first.
Where are the study rooms located?
There are study rooms on each floor of the CORE building (first, second, and third floors). More details about what each study room contains can be found on the Group Study Rooms webpage.
No reservations available?
- Group study is available and encouraged throughout the 1st floor of the CORE if you are unable to find a study room for your group
- Anyone can use an unoccupied study room until the person that the space is booked under arrives with proof of reservation (confirmation email)